Clackamas County Family Support Navigators
Northwest Family Services is collaborating with Clackamas County Division for Children, Youth, and Families, Clackamas County Department of Human Services, the Gladstone Center for Children and Families and the Eastham Community Center to launch a pilot project which will connect families with the resources to stabilize their current situations.
The Family Support Navigator (FSN) will provide assistance to families who have a child (ages 0-18) with an open child welfare case with DHS. The FSN will assist families to navigate the complex social service system and provide facilitation, ongoing support, resources, and follow-up. This process includes collaboration between partner agencies, the minimization of barriers that prevent families from being successful, and strives to avoid duplication of services.
Family Navigators can help families’ access resources in the following way:
- Family Navigators identify strengths and clarify the concerns and challenges
- Family Navigators get to know families by meeting with them at convenient community locations. They can also work together by phone or e-mail, if that works better for the family.
- Family Support Navigators identify resources in the community.
- Family Navigators work with families to develop a goal and implement a care plan.
- Family Navigators follow-up with families and assist with problems that may arise after the initial linkage has been made.
Family Navigators are knowledgeable about:
- Navigating child-serving agencies programs and community partners
- Empowering families and caregivers to identify and access services and supports for children and their Families
Referrals & Contact Information
Referrals can be sent by email, fax, phone or in person. Families can also self-refer, they can call us directly for information or to set up an appointment.
You can Scan & Email, FAX or Call to make a referral with our staff.
Main Office: 503-546-6377