No longer “guess work,” SymptoPro™ Fertility Education (generically referred to as Natural Family Planning, or NFP) is an effective, scientifically based method of natural family planning that treats fertility as a normal, healthy process. SymptoPro™ is a Sympto-Thermal Method of Fertility Education (NFP) based on changes in a woman’s cervical mucus, waking or resting temperature, and cervix. These observable signs change in response to the hormones of the menstrual cycle. It only takes seconds a day for a woman to track her fertility; then the couple interprets the chart and makes a decision based on their family planning intention. SymptoPro™ works through periodic abstinence during the method-defined fertile time for couples who are avoiding a pregnancy. SymptoPro™ can be used effectively throughout a woman’s entire reproductive life. Regular cycles are NOT required. SymptoPro™ is NOT Calendar Rhythm.
Live and Love Naturally
Modern methods of NFP have been shown to be highly effective with method effectiveness figures ranging from 97-99.9 percent. Use effectiveness, reflecting the actual experience in day-to-day life, shows 90-99 percent effectiveness with the Sympto-Thermal Method of NFP. To achieve these effectiveness figures, it is important that couples participate in a structured learning program with individualized follow-up, that they chart consistently and correctly, and that they follow all rules, especially complete abstinence during the method-defined fertile time. 1
How do I learn?
Effective use of SymptoPro™ Fertility Education involves learning from a certified SymptoPro™ Provider. NWFS provides several ways for women and couples to learn Fertility Education. In Person: There are certified SymptoPro™ Providers in most states; please contact us for the name of someone close to you. Online: You can sign up through this link and begin taking a quality course in SymptoPro™ Fertility Education and receive personalized follow-up with a certified SymptoPro™ Provider. Correspondence: You can receive the core content via mail and receive the same personalized follow-up. This can be ordered through our catalog.
Who can use Fertility Education?
- Couples who want to share responsibility for family planning
- Couples who are avoiding a pregnancy
- Couples who are trying to achieve a pregnancy
- Women who want to understand their menstrual cycle
- Women during all phases of their reproductive life: typical, long, or short cycles, after childbirth and discontinuation of hormonal contraception, while breastfeeding, and during premenopause
- Low cost
- No harmful side effects
- Highly effective for avoiding or achieving a pregnancy
- Marriage enrichment and mutual understanding
- Morally acceptable by all religious faiths
- Self understanding
- Appreciation of fertility and children
- Fosters respect for and acceptance of the total person.
Why Fertility Matters?
Online Charting Brochure
NFP Brochure - Enhance the Romance
Family Planning Decision Brochure
Family Planning Decision Brochure (Spanish)
Basics of NFP
Maintaining a Healthy Menstrual Cycle
1. Human Reproduction Vol.22, No.5 pp. 1310–1319, 2007