Report To: PreventNet Site Coordinator
Classification: Non-exempt; Volunteer
Position Time:Unpaid, hours variable, 3-10 hours weekly
Northwest Family Services (NWFS) has internship opportunities to work with middle and high school youth in PreventNet site programs. PreventNet is a coalition of social service agencies that are working together to create, enhance and sustain a seamless system of care, advocacy and supports for the well-being of children, youth, and families in Clackamas County.
PreventNet Community Schools represent a partnership between local schools and community service providers to improve academic success and reduce juvenile delinquency. Northwest Family Services is responsible for Rex Putnam High School and Alder Creek, Gardiner, and Kraxberger Middle Schools. PreventNet programs are funded by grants through Clackamas County Children, Youth and Families Division.
The intern will have an opportunity to help with after school programming. Some activities may include academic help, arts and crafts, sports, robotics, drama, dance, cultural activities, gardening, service learning projects, and more.
- College student or recent college graduate
- Reliable, dependable, and accountable; follows through on commitments
- Enjoys working with youth and has ability to relate well with them
- Commitment to maintain appropriate confidentiality as outlined by NWFS guidelines
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Proficiency in web-based research and Microsoft Office software
- Interested in Northwest Family Services’ mission
Please fill out and submit Intern Application cover letter and resumé to:
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd.
Portland, OR 97222