Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Payroll Specialist
Position Time: 1.0 FTE
Current Pay Rate: $19.50/hour
Job Summary: The Accounting Specialist (AS) oversees the daily financial operations of a fast-paced non-profit organization, and provides support for the executive director. This position assists with daily and monthly financial transactions and reports. The AS works with the accounts payable specialist, payroll specialist, and Finance Manager. Monthly and quarterly billings based on the financial reports are to be done in a timely basis. The AS will work cooperatively with the executive director, external accounting support, and the auditors as needed.
- Prepare the monthly/quarterly contract reimbursements accounting to funder specifications.
- Compile data for reports related to grants and contracts.
- Managing the financial transactions for grant revenue and expenses, including grant allocations, requests for some grant funds, and other program-related revenues and expenses.
- Assists in accounting functions including cash disbursements, journal entries, accounts receivable, financial reports.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel.
- Assists with the annual audit documents and transactions with the Finance Manager. Including all tasks related to the audit and being available to the auditors during the audit process
- Reconcile Merchant Bank Account and credit card accounts in MIP.
- Ability to perform a high volume of transactions accurately and timely manner
- Review timecards monthly and ensure correct program/project are being used.
- Serve as a backup on processing checks and deposits as needed.
- Attend and take minutes at quarterly Board of Director’s meetings.
- Donor Perfect entries are accurate and Thank You letters are mailed each month.
- Ensure office supplies, catering, travel arrangements are done in a timely manner and are value-based.
- Arrange flights and hotels for staff to attend conferences, trainings
- Ordering catering for board meetings, some other events.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be committed to organizational mission and fiscal responsibility
- Represents the fiscal aspects of NWFS to the management team
- Provides timely reports to the Executive Director and funders as required
- Comply with all NWFS policies and procedures
- Accept the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director in the spirit of establishing and maintaining an honest and professional working relationship
- BA or BS or sufficient experience in daily accounting entries.
- Experience with fund accounting software
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now.
- Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated, organized, efficient, and be willing to work in a fast-paced setting with multiple funding streams.
- General office skills, computer skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Abila MIP a plus, good customer service, good written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, reliable car, and automobile insurance. Available for some traveling.
- Must pass background driving and criminal history checks
This position requires frequent standing, bending and the ability to lift 30 pounds. Must be able to walk up and down one flight of stairs throughout the day. Work is performed in an office environment and requires extended use of computers and phones. Will drive to perform work with the community if needed.
Complete application and be sure information is saved before sending with your cover letter and resume to:
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd.
Portland, OR 97222
Or email to:
Benefits: Monthly salary range: $4000-$4500, paid vacation, sick time, holidays, vision, medical, and dental benefits, matching 401k.