Job Title: Part Time Behavioral Health Billing/Support
Report To: Finance Manager
Position Time: 0.5 FTE
Current Pay Rate: $15 to $16 per hour
Review and submit Substance-Use Disorder and Mental Health claims. Responsible for submitting accurate insurance claims with subsequent timely follow-up and collection.
- Verify Medicaid eligibility and authorization of services for clients.
- Review and submit claims in a timely manner.
- Correct failed/denied claims and resubmit.
- Competent use of computer systems, word and spreadsheet applications, and 10-Key.
- Familiarity with ICD-10 Coding.
- Provide reports and information to accounting team.
- Knowledge of terminology likely to be encountered in SUD/MH claims.
- Act as administrator on MOTs and CIM.
- Enroll new providers in compliance with the Oregon Health Plan.
- Attend Quarterly Oregon Health Authority Webinars.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Comply with all NWFS policies and procedures
- Follow HIPAA requirements and assure confidentiality for participants (e.g., protect personal identifying information, maintain records in locked files, transmitted records)
- AA or BS/BA or equivalent with 1-2 years of billing experience in a fast pace environment.
- Proficient in computer skills, i.e, Billing Clearinghouse Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies and denials.
- Must pass criminal background check prior to starting work
- Accepts direction well and works well with others
- Ability to keep personal information about participants confidential
- Valid driver’s license, reliable car, and automobile insurance.
- Must pass background driving and criminal history checks
This position requires frequent standing, bending and the ability to lift 30 pounds. Position requires going up a flight of stairs throughout the day. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent use of a computer and the use of phones.
Vacation, holiday, and sick time accrued according to the hours works.