To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
Report To: Jobs Department Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt, hourly
Position Time: 1.0 FTE, up to 40hrs per week
One of the many things we do at Northwest Family Services is provide support to youth and young adults (14 to 24 years old) who have a high risk of homelessness in Clackamas County.
Maybe you were once an at-risk young adult yourself and now you want to give back, if that’s the case, this might be the position for you.
- Help youth find permanent housing solutions.
- Provide case management geared toward helping the youth transition to stability.
- Help youth identify their goals (housing, employment, education, transportation and finances).
- Develop an action plan with youths to connect with available resources.
- Document and report case information in an online database.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with youth and young adults.
- Have excellent follow-through.
- Willing to help people with disabilities and those dealing with trauma.
Experience / Education
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in education, mental health, social work, communications or another related field and/or 4 years of direct service in social services.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Willing to work non-standard and irregular hours.
- Preferred but not required: Bilingual (English/Spanish), lived experience navigating homelessness, home visiting, and CHA or HMIS experience.
We offer a generous benefits package and a supportive work culture. As a non-profit organization, full time employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.