To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
This position works with youth and their families to help them get the services and resources they need to make a positive difference in their lives.
- Conduct pre-engagement and intake meetings with youth and families who have been referred to the program.
- Identify client barriers to services and/or support and then design short-term solutions.
- Refer clients and/or their family members to services and resources as needed.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with schools, juvenile justice, BHRN partners and other relevant community partners.
- Follow up on client progress after they have been given recommendations by the Medical Director.
- Follow up with clients and referral resources as needed.
- Maintain client documentation and ensure that it is in compliance with Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) as well as company standards, protocols, procedures, and timelines.
- Facilitate life skills groups.
- Serve as a positive role model while representing the company.
- Other duties as required.
Education / Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Understand and have experience with trauma informed work.
- Understand and have experience with youth and adults who have been affected by adverse childhood experiences.
- Experience with electronic health record system is preferred.
Northwest Family Services, through our mission, practices and the services we offer, are committed to the belief that all people deserve dignity and respect. As we serve our communities, we will continue to work together to listen, to learn, and to act to overcome historic values and structures that have led to discrimination and inequities.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, where all staff are valued and given opportunity to grow and succeed equitably. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, primary language, ethnic background or socioeconomic status. NWFS pursues policies, strategies, and programs which promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our daily work. We seek staff who share our vision and commitment to our communities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Up-to-date Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.