Job Title: Contact Tracing Community Health Worker (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Reports To: Health Navigation Department Manager
Position Time: 1.0 FTE
Job Summary: The Community Health Worker (CHW) will work in partnership with Clackamas County Public Health Division and the Oregon Health Authority. The Contact Tracer will be trauma informed and conduct motivational interviewing using a computer program and phone as well as other communication means to contact anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document symptoms, refer for a higher level of care if needed, provide them with instructions for isolation or quarantine, and provide referrals to other possible resources the person might be needed. Other people, who have been in contact with the COVID-19 positive person, will be informed and monitored to ensure for 14 or more days to determine if a referral for testing is required. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided to them, and comply with training regarding confidential information related to personal information. Make appropriate referrals to Social Supports resources.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients
- Communicate with contacts in a professional/cultural and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information on symptoms in database
- Provide information on resources and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to other agencies for community resources
- Contract tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of isolation/quarantine and what to do if symptoms
- Incorporate Popular Education methods and provide education in a manner most suited for an effective learning experience for community member
- Participate in designing and carrying out any research component of this
- Maintain necessary and timely written documentation and data entry for this project and the attached
- Follow HIPAA requirements and assure confidentiality for participants (e.g., protect personal/health identifying information; maintain records in locked files, transmitted records).
- Provide weekly reports to the Department
- Complete all required reports in a timely and precise
- Complete all other duties as
- Works cooperatively with other NWFS staff to implement project
- Perform public health emergency response duties as assigned and consistent with training
- Complete required training; participate in meetings and webinars as
- Demonstrated knowledge of community and social service
- Effectively communicate about NWFS, its mission, and programs to community partners and Utilize NWFS communication plan. Document programs and activities for representation on behalf of Northwest Family Services to the broader community, including, but not limited, to the news media and social media.
- Must be committed to organizational mission and fiscal
- Comply with all NWFS policies and
- Provide timely reports as required
- Conduct other duties as
- Attend all staff meetings, training, and development as
- Accept the guidance and supervision of the supervisor and management team in the spirit of establishing and maintaining an honest and professional working
- Prefer BA or BS
- Bilingual, bi-cultural English and Spanish required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress is
- Ability to multi-task
- High energy, self-directed, organized
- Able to work independently and take direction
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Can work as part of a team
- Proficiency with computer necessary
- Experience with Office 365
- Valid driver’s license, reliable car, and automobile insurance
Work is often performed in an office environment and involves frequent use of a computer. Frequent use of phones to communicate with current and potential referrals. Able to work a flexible, non-traditional work schedule that will include evening and weekend work periods.
Wage: $18.00 to 19.75/hour depending on experience
Benefits: Major health and dental insurance, vacation/personal leave.
Submit cover letter, application and resume to:
Northwest Family Services 6200 SE King Rd.
Portland, OR 97222 email@example.com.