To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
Education and Employment Coordinator
Make a difference where it counts. This position works with at-risk youths ages 12 to 24 years old who are at high risk for gang involvement.
- Administer a caseload of 20 program youths.
- Assist program youth with referrals for mental health, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, and GED preparation
- Provide job preparation and assist program youth with job searches and job applications.
- Build and maintain effective and positive relationships with program partners including but not limited to schools, colleges, the Juvenile Justice Department, police, etc.
- Provide Family Empowerment classes in Spanish to parents and teens.
- Conduct outreach for NWFS East Multnomah programs.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and two years of work with at-risk youth.
- Must be bilingual Spanish/English.
- Best practices knowledge for drug and alcohol and gang prevention.
- Basic counseling, interviewing and group facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, legal issues, and working with at-risk youth.
- Knowledge of legal requirements for reporting abuse as well as national and local youth courts.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds and personalities.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send us your cover letter and resume.
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of BIPOC and other historically underrepresented groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.