To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
Education Support Coordinator (Gresham)
This position partners with schools to serve students who are between the ages 13 – 18 years who are at risk of truancy.
- Build trust with students and their families.
- Provide case management and coordination for at least 20 high school and middle school students who are at risk of truancy.
- Conduct weekly meetings with students to determine the level of support needed.
- Screen students and refer them to the appropriate services.
- Conduct group sessions with a variety of student groups.
- Track attendance and academic progress for assigned students.
- Maintain knowledge of current school and district policies and protocols regarding truancy and crisis management planning.
Education / Experience
- Must be able to speak, read and write in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Health or other related fields. Equivalent experience of three or more years will be considered.
- Training and experience related to counseling/treatment principles for individual, family and group counseling as well as adolescent development; family systems theory, and addictions treatment/intervention
- Familiar with positive youth development and trauma-informed approaches
- Able to work effectively with youth.
We offer a generous benefits package and a supportive work culture. As a non-profit organization, full time employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send a cover letter and resume.
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.