Job Title: Enrollment Specialist
Reports To: Health Department Manager
Classification: Exempt, Administrative
Position Time: 1.0 FTE some evening and weekend work
The Enrollment Specialist (ES) is primarily responsible for outreach, enrollment, and retention of hard to reach communities with a focus on the Latino community. The majority of participants will be enrolled in community-based locations. The ES will be trained in all aspects of Medicaid and CHIP eligibility. Primary Area of Focus in Clackamas County.
- Conduct outreach/enrollment throughout the Clackamas County area, to potential agencies, community and faith organizations, and individuals about the eligibility requirements of the Medicaid/CHIP.
- Enroll and retain eligible individuals.
- Follow HIPAA requirements and assure confidentiality for participants (e.g., protect personal identifying information, maintain records in locked files, transmitted records)
- Works cooperatively with staff providing education, services, family events, and outreach to the community.
- Provide weekly reports to the Health Navigation Department Manager.
- Works cooperatively with other NWFS staff to implement project objectives.
- Provide timely reports as required.
- Attend all staff meetings, training and development as required.
- Accept the guidance and supervision of the supervisor and management team in the spirit of establishing and maintaining an honest and professional working relationship.
- Maintains professional competencies through training and ongoing education.
- Cooperatively works with the other NWFS’s Departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community and social service agencies.
- Effectively communicate about NWFS, its mission, and programs to community partners and participants. Utilize NWFS communication plan. Document programs and activities for representation on behalf of Northwest Family Services to the broader community, including, but not limited, to the news media and social media.
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- Current Oregon Health Plan Certification and Training
- Prefer BA or BS
- Bilingual, bi-cultural English and Spanish required
- Professional, polished presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- High energy, self-directed, organized
- Able to work independently and take direction
- Works well with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Can work as part of a team
- Proven ability to work effectively with adults and families
- Experience with Office 365
- Valid driver’s license, reliable car, and automobile insurance
- Available for some traveling with some evening and weekend work.
- As of January 1, 2020, all final candidates for employment must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
This position requires frequent and lengthy standing, speaking in a loud voice and ability to lift at least 30 pounds. Also, work is often performed in an office environment and involves frequent use of a computer. Frequent use of phones to communicate with current and potential partners and volunteers. Will drive to perform work with the community. May require occasional travel out-of-town. Availability to work evenings is required.
Salary: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
Mail or email NWFS application, cover letter, and resume to:
Northwest Family Services
6200 SE King Rd
Portland, OR 97222