To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
Family Support Specialist
An important part of our mission here at Northwest Family Services is working with Latinx families to help them navigate support services.
If your passion is to make a difference in the Latinx community, this might be the job for you.
- Receive, coordinate and expedite service referrals for families in order to help them navigate health, education, and other human services in Clackamas County.
- Meet with families and assess their current circumstances and then either provide services or refer them to the appropriate resources.
- Create, manage and utilize multi-lateral agreements among organizations to expedite services for families.
- Conduct outreach to Latinx families who might be referred from community partners.
- Assist with the development of social supports and service connections such as food, housing, transportation, healthcare, employment, social-emotional support, etc. in order to stabilize families.
- Maintain participant files and documentation as needed.
Education / Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Services, Public Administration or Health Care Management.
- Bilingual and bicultural English/Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of child and family development, parent-child attachment, childhood trauma, toxic stress and health and learning trajectories.
- Substantial knowledge and experience working with students K-12.
- Able to coordinate services for families among schools, governmental agencies, health providers and social service providers.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds.
- Build and maintain professional relationships within the community including social services, mental health, healthcare, etc.
We offer a generous benefits package and a supportive work culture. As a non-profit organization, full time employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send a cover letter and resume.
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.