To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
Being homeless is traumatic. At NWFS our Supportive Housing Program specializes in working with individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness to help them find stable, long-term housing.
If you’re looking for more than just a job, this might be what you’ve been searching for.
- Coordinate with Supportive Housing partners to ensure referrals are assessed and assigned to agencies that will best fit their needs.
- Obtain documentation, collect required data and complete the intake paperwork for eligible participants.
- Provide strengths-based, trauma-informed case management to address housing needs and facilitate connection to additional resources on a case-by-case basis.
- Communicate with participants, landlords, and community partners to facilitate the application process. This includes requesting program funds to address rental barriers and application fees.
- Submit requests for funding with appropriate documentation utilizing NWFS procedures, and ensure transactions are completed.
- Collaborate with clients to develop an action plan to address additional needs and goals.
- Conduct regular check-ins with clients to provide continued, individualized support for action plan items and facilitate connection to community resources with the goal of continued housing stability.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred, four years of experience in social services can substitute in lieu of education
- Able to build and maintain rapport with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with homeless or at-risk households, particularly in a case management role is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to communicate with participants in a trauma-informed way.
- Able to create and maintain positive relationships with landlords, property management companies, and community partners.
- Able to think creativity and critically within a fast-paced working environment.
If you want a job that helps you make a difference every day, send us your cover letter and resume.
NWFS is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.