To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
Our new program for the Behavioral Health Resource Network provides support to youth and their families in East Multnomah County. We’re looking for a gifted Mental Health Counselor who has a passion for helping youths and young adults.
Salary: $27.00 - $29.00
- The caseload for this position is approximately 20 youths and their families.
- Conduct behavioral health screenings and assessments at various locations.
- Develop treatment plans and provide culturally specific counseling services to participants and their families.
- Receive internal and external referrals for participant services and support.
- Facilitate group counseling sessions. This includes but is not limited to a 12-week high school empowerment group and a 12- week middle school life skills group, which are held twice a year.
- Conduct a parent education workshop at least one evening per month.
- Participate in afterschool and outreach events as needed.
Education / Experience
- A Master’s degree in social work, psychology, behavioral health or another related field that would qualify as a QMHP and/or CSWA.
- Bilingual and bi-cultural English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Training and experience related to counseling and treatment principles for individuals, families and groups,
- Training and experience related to adolescent development, family systems theory as well as addiction treatment and intervention.
- Experience working with youth in a school or community settings is preferred.
- Familiar with positive youth development and trauma informed approaches.
Northwest Family Services, through our mission, practices and the services we offer, are committed to the belief that all people deserve dignity and respect. As we serve our communities, we will continue to work together to listen, to learn, and to act to overcome historic values and structures that have led to discrimination and inequities.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, where all staff are valued and given opportunity to grow and succeed equitably. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, primary language, ethnic background or socioeconomic status. NWFS pursues policies, strategies, and programs which promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our daily work. We seek staff who share our vision and commitment to our communities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Up-to-date Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.