To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
This position serves as an advocate to those in recovery with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Work as a part of the behavioral health team to promote those activities that foster recovery and empowerment.
- Provide referrals to clients and/or their families for the appropriate resources and services.
- Work with clients and their families to identify individual goals by incorporating motivational interviewing, collaborative problem solving, cognitive behavioral therapy, and evidence-based strategies.
- Follow up with clients on a regular basis to ensure there are no issues with counseling or medication.
- Maintain an expansive referral network.
- Coordinate and track educational outreach.
Education / Experience
- Bilingual/bicultural Spanish and English is required.
- Hold a Peer Support Specialist certification or be able to successfully complete the training in a reasonable period of time.
- Lived experience with mental health recovery and/or addiction is preferred.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with adults and youths from diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends. Occasional travel.
Northwest Family Services, through our mission, practices and the services we offer, are committed to the belief that all people deserve dignity and respect. As we serve our communities, we will continue to work together to listen, to learn, and to act to overcome historic values and structures that have led to discrimination and inequities.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, where all staff are valued and given opportunity to grow and succeed equitably. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, primary language, ethnic background or socioeconomic status. NWFS pursues policies, strategies, and programs which promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our daily work. We seek staff who share our vision and commitment to our communities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Up-to-date Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.