To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach your cover letter & resume.
The Housing Case Manager meets with youth and young adults who are at imminent risk of homelessness in Clackamas County. They provide individual case management which includes financial assistance and resource navigation.
- Provide strength-based case management and resource navigation to youth and young adults in order to help them find a permanent housing solution.
- Receive referrals and ensure that accurate and complete data is received and documented.
- Screen and assess client eligibility based on the program guidelines.
- Provide short-term financial assistance for certain support services that contribute to the client’s stability.
- Work with internal departments and community partners to support the logistics of serving the targeted population.
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date case files.
- Drive to meet clients or community partners.
Education / Experience
- Associate’s degree in mental health, social work, or a related field. In lieu of a degree, four years of direct experience in social services is acceptable.
- Minimum 6 months of case management experience.
- Experience connecting clients with housing resources is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Preferred bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience with HMIS and/or CHA preferred.
- Preferred lived experience navigating homelessness.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
Northwest Family Services, through our mission, practices and the services we offer, are committed to the belief that all people deserve dignity and respect. As we serve our communities, we will continue to work together to listen, to learn, and to act to overcome historic values and structures that have led to discrimination and inequities.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, where all staff are valued and given opportunity to grow and succeed equitably. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, primary language, ethnic background or socioeconomic status. NWFS pursues policies, strategies, and programs which promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our daily work. We seek staff who share our vision and commitment to our communities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.
Up-to-date Covid 19-vaccination is required for new hires unless the employee is granted a medical or religious accommodation. Employees can request an accommodation once an offer of employment has been made.