No longer “guess work,” SymptoPro™ Fertility Education (generically referred to as Natural Family Planning, or NFP) is an effective, scientifically based method of natural family planning that treats fertility as a normal, healthy process. SymptoPro™ is a Sympto-Thermal Method of Fertility Education (NFP) based on changes in a woman’s cervical mucus, waking or resting temperature, and cervix. These observable signs change in response to the hormones of the menstrual cycle. It only takes seconds a day for a woman to track her fertility; then the couple interprets the chart and makes a decision based on their family planning intention. SymptoPro™ works through periodic abstinence during the method-defined fertile time for couples who are avoiding a pregnancy. SymptoPro™ can be used effectively throughout a woman’s entire reproductive life. Regular cycles are NOT required. SymptoPro™ is NOT Calendar Rhythm.
Live and Love Naturally
Modern methods of NFP have been shown to be highly effective with method effectiveness figures ranging from 97-99.9 percent. Use effectiveness, reflecting the actual experience in day-to-day life, shows 90-99 percent effectiveness with the Sympto-Thermal Method of NFP. To achieve these effectiveness figures, it is important that couples participate in a structured learning program with individualized follow-up, that they chart consistently and correctly, and that they follow all rules, especially complete abstinence during the method-defined fertile time. 1
How do I learn?
Effective use of SymptoPro™ Fertility Education involves learning from a certified SymptoPro™ Instructor. NWFS provides several ways for women and couples to learn Fertility Education. In Person: There are certified SymptoPro™ Instructors in most states; please search our "Find an Instructor" page to locate an instructor close to you. Online: You can sign up through this link and begin taking a quality course in SymptoPro™ Fertility Education and receive personalized follow-up with a certified SymptoPro™ Instructor. Correspondence: You can receive the core content via mail and receive the same personalized follow-up. This can be ordered through our catalog.
Who can use Fertility Education?
- Couples who want to share responsibility for family planning
- Couples who are avoiding a pregnancy
- Couples who are trying to achieve a pregnancy
- Women who want to understand their menstrual cycle
- Women during all phases of their reproductive life: typical, long, or short cycles, after childbirth and discontinuation of hormonal contraception, while breastfeeding, and during premenopause
- Low cost
- No harmful side effects
- Highly effective for avoiding or achieving a pregnancy
- Marriage enrichment and mutual understanding
- Morally acceptable by all religious faiths
- Self understanding
- Appreciation of fertility and children
- Fosters respect for and acceptance of the total person.
To learn more about SymptoPro and find additional resources, visit SymptoPro.org
To register for an online class CLICK HERE.
1. Human Reproduction Vol.22, No.5 pp. 1310–1319, 2007